We are here to help you get the best value from your insurance
0121 321 4600
Newsletter Signup
twitter Social Icon linkedin Social Icon

Residential Development

Construction insurance
There is always a risk of damage to your property when you let contractors into your home to carry out remedial work. The risks are even greater when major construction works are being undertaken such as a property extension.

Self-build insurance
If you are one of the increasing number of people embarking on a self-build project you are going to need insurance cover during the construction of the property.

In addition, you may have responsibilities as an employer for both of the above types of project.

Who is it for?
Your own home insurance will provide some cover and your contractor will have an insurance policy in place which you will need to check. Residential development insurance provides additional cover to ensure you are protected from losses not covered by these policies.

Insurance policies may need to be arranged in joint names between you and your contractors. Our residential development insurance policy is flexible enough to meet your obligations under JCT contracts requirements. JCT contracts cover certain contractual requirements between you as an employer and your contractor.

Your policy will run for the advised period of the contract and can include any remedial or rectification work up to a period of 12 months after completion, if required.


Our policy cover includes:
  • Your private residential property whilst construction is being undertaken.
  • The construction being undertaken (known in your policy as contract works).
  • Owned or hired-in plant used for the purpose of the construction being undertaken.
  • Your public liability as property owner.
  • Your liability for property damage arising from collapse, subsidence, heave, vibration, weakening or removal of support or the lowering of ground water arising from the contract works activities.